carrots - 2 cups
beans- 2 cups
peas - 2 cups
whipped curds- 1/2 cup
curry leaves- 2 sprigs
coconut oil - 2 -3 tblsp
shredded coconut - 1 + 1/4 cup
g.chillies - 12
cumin seeds - 1 1/2 tsp
salt - 2 spoons
- Pressure cook the vegetables with 2 cups of water just for 2 whistles.
- Gently mix the paste with the vegetables and let it boil on med flame.
- Once it boils add whipped curds and mix.While adding curds reduce flame completely.
- Now add curry leaves.
- Heat coconut oil separately till luke warm and pour over the avial.
- Now close the avial immediately to lock the flavor.Serve avial with a side of appalam and tasty mango pickle.Delicious Avial ready in absolutely NO time!!!
I would like to contribute this dish towards Anthony's Curry Mela this weekend.