Rice - 1 cup cooked
turmeric pdr-1/2 tsp
MTR vaangi baath pdr- 3 tsps
onion-1/2 big (cut into small squares)
peas - 1/2 cup cooked
seasoning-mustard,bengal gram,black gram,curry leaves
coriander leaves-for garnish
Lemon juice - 1/2 lemon
- Cook rice separately.It should be flowery in texture.
- Spread the rice in a big bowl. Add 2 tsps of oil, 1/4 tsp of turmeric pdr and stir lightly with a fork so that steam escapes almost completely.
- In a saute pan heat the rest of the oil and fry seasonings one by one in the given order to a golden brown.
- Add onions.Saute for a min or two and add g.chilli and r.chilli.
- Now saute till onions r just transluscent.Do not over-saute as you wont taste the onions while eating the rice.Now add peas and saute for another 2 min.
- Add vangi baath powder and saute for 2 to 3 min in medheat.
- Combine the sauteed ingredients with rice.Ofcourse add salt.
- Add lemon juice to give tanginess and mix again.Check for taste and thus a simple dish is ready in less than 30-35 min.Garnish with coriander leaves.
Note:While sauteeing onions you can add cut brinjals to give more of an authentic taste but since my fridge was dry i made this baath a very simple version from the regular one. Add cashewnuts and peanuts to give more crunch.