May 03, 2020

Wholesome No-Yeast Bread Recipe

Hello Bloggers,

I  am so happy to be back here in my blog after a very long gap. I just don’t know how these last 7 years have  passed. Lots of things have happened in the past 7 years . I don’t know if it is my kids, if it is my work, or just about anything, I just  couldn’t find myself to sit and write down a recipe. Over the years I have tried too many recipes off the Internet. Some of them have turned out really well and some not that much. Today is such a recipe that has turned out adequate enough , both my kids gave a thumbs up to this recipe which makes me think that this recipe will live a little longer.. :) . OK for bloggers who are wondering what I  have tried, here it is... it is a simple loaf of bread .. A bread that has no yeast. Well I had to try this bread for two reasons, one being the unavailability of yeast during this quarantine period and another trying to find an alternative for making bread without yeast. Here we go...





Ingredients

Wet
oats - 1 cup - can be old fashioned or quick cooking ones
oil - 1/4 cup( I used sunflower oil)
egg- 1 whole
yogurt - 1 cup
milk - 1 cup
honey - 1/4 cup


Dry
whole wheat flour - 1 1/3 cups
all purpose flour - 1 cup
baking powder - 2 1/4 tsp
baking soda - 1/4  tsp
salt - 1 1/4

Recipe
1. Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan sufficiently with butter and set it aside.
2.For the wet ingredients, in a medium bowl, mix together the oats, yogurt, milk, oil, honey, and egg until well blended. Set this mix aside for at least 45 minutes to allow the oats to hydrate.
3.For the dry ingredients, in a separate large bowl, stir together the whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4.After 45 min stir the yogurt mixture into the flour mixture until combined but not over mixed as minimal mixing results in a light bread. I did have to add an extra 1/4 cup milk because it seemed like it needed it.
5.Pour the batter into the pan, spreading evenly to the edges and sprinkle a few more oats on top.
6. Preheat oven to 375°F and bake the bread in the middle rack for 55 minutes or until golden brown.
7.Remove from the oven and place the loaf on a wire rack to cool completely before cutting.
8. You could also store this bread at room temperature for 3 days or refrigerated up to a week. Also this bread can freeze well for an amazing toast.


https://www.biggerbolderbaking.com/hearty-no-yeast-bread-recipe/ - Original Recipe

1 comment: