February 25, 2010

BBJ (Blue Berry Jam) Toast


These are the same blueberries I was talking about a few days back while making my Blueberry crumble cake. I got them on sale and now I can buy them whenever they are on sale because I can make two perfect items from these bluey blueberries. One is the crumble cake and another is this glossy jam which uses a whole lot of blueberries. I am waiting to find a good recipe for blueberry muffins too but still havent formulated one or even browsed for one. If you guys come across one good recipe please do pass me the link.. My toddler son just loves muffins..especially banana nut muffins.Those are his favorite. Whenever I make it, I dont have to give it to him,he helps himself by opening the fridge and taking it. I have to just nuke a little.So friends, if you find a good recipe for blueberry muffins please do pass it on to me.

Ingredients
blueberries - 1 pint
sugar - 1 cup
juice of half a lemon
Method
  1. Grind blueberries to an almost smooth paste.
  2. Heat a stockpot. Add blueberries and sugar to the stock pot.
  3. Now let the mixture heat up and bubble slowly for about 15 min making sure the temp is med. The reason for keeping medium temp is taking care not to burn the jam.
  4. Now add the lemon juice and let it bubble for another 20 - 25 min.
  5. Remove from heat and after few min the jam will be set.
  6. While making bread toast, apply a layer of butter on the bread,then spread the blueberry jam for a nice,delicious taste.

10 comments:

Sheetal Kiran said...

Bread and Jam are currently on top of my favorite things ... I love how simple and delicious your blueberry jam sounds!

Sushma Mallya said...

Never tasted blueberry yet...so would love to try this jam..as its so easy to store and have this with toast....and abt the fudge u can use any milk or dark chocolate u want to..thanks for the lovely comment,have a nice weekend ...

BDSN said...

Hi Sheetal,
Yeah somehow simple things can suprise us with its taste..Right!!!

Thanks Sushma..This jam is very easy to make...When you try do let me know how it came.and you have a wonderful weekend too!!!

ruchikacooks said...

Lovely! Simple but satisfying.

BDSN said...

Thanks Sowjanya!!

Malar Gandhi said...

Dear, thanks for visiting my space, and for leaving your lovely words. It sure, means a lot to me.:) Good that you left a comment, now its easy to trail back here. Guess, its my first time. Its a pleasure to discover your blog.:)

Blue berry jam sounds refreshing and very innovative to me, picture looks inviting...

BDSN said...

Thanks for stoppin by Malar..I hope that you drop by often..!!

Sushma Mallya said...

Hi, i added med size cubes about 1/2 cup in sauce and 5 pieces as toppings on the pizza...it doesnt melt but gives a good taste if there is paneer in it..has to be seen thats y...use fresh paneer...

Pedhakka said...

Yummy !!! This is one of my all time favorite !!

ruchikacooks said...

Glad that you did not laugh for the lemon remedy..

I guess because there are some chemicals(natural) in it, the juices narually relaxes the tensed muscles and gives a freshness..Once the muscle loosens up and we start taking long breaths we get more air in, and all of them put together gives the relief..(I know you didnt expect a lecture either ;)

Another remedy is to crush the skin of the lemon and apply the rough bits on the forehead..

Try it, it works I can guarentee that!