Hello Friends!!! Iam so happy to be blogging about Raagi roti. I have seen Indira's Raagi Sankati, VKN's Raagi Dosa, Sailu's Raagi Roti and many other incredible bloggers who have created a wonderful dish out of this flour.Well today I thought let me try to create one such tasty but still simple simple dish from this flour that can be really done in no time.Yes, it is indeed a nice recipe that I would like to contribute to Tony's Curry Mela and share with you all. I personally liked the introduction given by Sailu about Raagi and I do ask everybody to give it a glance.
Ragi- 1 cup
onions- 1/2 (Chop thinly)
tamarind paste - a tad bit
water - 1 1/4 cup
salt - 1 tsp
curry leaves-2 sprigs
g.chillies- 4(thin round slices)
- Heat oil in a big sauce pan.Crackle mustard seeds.Add chillies, fry them and then add curry leaves.Now add onions and fry just for 2 min.
- Now add 1 1/4 cup of water.Once heated add the tad bit of tamarind paste and mix till color of water changes.Now add salt(1tsp).Close the sauce pan and let the water boil.
- Once the water boils reduce the flame completely and add the ragi flour as a heap in the centre and just put a laddle in the center and close the lid and the let the ragi cook for just another 10 min.
- Now switch off the flame,mix the ragi flour with the ladle briskly.
- Once the dough becomes warm and pliable make into 3 equal balls.
- Now pat it onto a med hot pan with oil as base, like a roti and fry equally on both sides with oil.(Tip:Just spray ur hand with water before patting so that it is easy to make a thin dough or else try pressing the dough with a flat spatula to give a thin & round shape)
- Now serve this nutritious roti with ghee/ sugar/ pickle or just about anything and it's all your choice.