Hello Friends..Iam back with yet another appetizing brinjal recipe.Well this is one of the recipe I picked up from Priya's Sugar and Spice.To begin with this is a great mouth-watering recipe which I definitely wanted to try as soon as I saw in Priya's blog and the result is really great.My husband and I emptied almost everything just about a little left for him to take office the next day.Well the curry has a very rich and deep blend of spices that gives the curry its flavor,its aroma and adds every bit of wonderful taste to the curry.Thanks Priya for posting this flavorful recipe!!
OK friends so here goes the recipe......
Brinjal chopped medium -3
Toor dal- 1/2 cup
Pitlai powder-1 1/2 tsps
Tamarind juice- medium lemon sized
Turmeric powder- 1/4tsp
Salt to taste
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
Oil -little bit
Coriander seeds- 3 tbsps
Chana dal-1 tbsp
Red chillies- 2 to 3
Asafoetida-4 to 5 pinch's
Grated coconut ( fresh) - 2 tbsps
- Chop 3 brinjals into squares and microwave(enough water just to cover brinjals) for 5 min along with salt and turmeric powder.
- Soak toor dhal in hot water for 15 min and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Pitlai Powder Preparation: In a pan heat oil and add asafoetida and after few seconds add red chilli, coriander seeds, chana dal and saute till light brown and then finally add grated coconut and roast till golden brown and grind them coarsely in a mixie .
- In a small pan temper mustard seeds, curry leaves and keep aside.
- Now combine the cooked dhal, tamarind juice,cooked veggies, pitlai powder, salt and the seasoning in a microwaveable bowl.
- Now microwave the contens for about 3 min.Stir the contents once and microwave for another 4 min.
- Garnish with coriander and serve along with rice and papads.
- YUuuummMy!!! is all I got to say!!