January 18, 2021

@ Taste Corner : January Musings ,New Year Resolutions and So Much More!!

 Today is Jan 18,2021. It is a federal holiday here in the United States marking the birthday of Martin Luther King Jr. Martin Luther King was born on January 15,1929.He is known for his civil rights movement and peace movement. He believed in non-violence and was also inspired by non violent activism of Mahatma Gandhi. And he delivered the very powerful and iconic "I have a dream" speech on the steps of Lincoln memorial on August 28,1963. The message conveyed through this speech is so beautiful and powerful. I have provided the audio link below for bloggers and non-bloggers interested to hear this speech. 

https://kinginstitute.stanford.edu/king-papers/documents/i-have-dream-address-delivered-march-washington-jobs-and-freedom

We are already in the third monday of January and a myriad of events are happening around me. The riots at the Capitol, the ever increasing human death toll due to the Covid crisis , upcoming president-elect Joe Biden's  inauguration, a promising vaccine, and the list goes on endlessly. Anyway whatever goes on in that outside  world, the only thing that keeps me going is my desire to blog , bake and brew my cup of chai :-). And well that brings me exactly to my banana chocolate bread  recipe and my almost forgotten new Year Resolutions...haha. Thankfully and thoughtfully this year my resolutions are very straight forward. I am hoping to have a blog post every single month and also to be more proactive.

Below is my January recipe share- Banana Chocolate bread

Wet ingredients

ripe bananas - 3

sour cream -1/4 cup

butter -1 stick melted

eggs - 2 eggs

sugar - 1 cup

vanilla essence 1 tsp

Dry ingredients

all purpose flour -2 cups

baking soda - 1 tsp

salt - 1/2 tsp

Optional Ingredients

semi sweet chocolate chips - 1/2 cup 

walnuts - 1/2 cup fine chopped

Procedure

Mix both the dry and wet ingredients . Incorporate until well mixed. Make sure there is no dry flour left in the bowl. Add in optional ingredients and stir. Bake at 350C in a loaf pan for 1 hr. Cool for 15 min before cutting into slices.

Below is my 1000 piece puzzle that we started after Christmas and finished it on MLK day!!! Thanks to my sis who inspired me to start this puzzling activity. To be honest it is quite addictive and I am extremely happy it is complete today. I am so ready to commence my next project ..."Growing Tomatoes from Seeds". 

6 comments:

Mommy said...

Inspiring post. Great way to start 2021. This is one of my favorite bread. Happy blogging for rest of the year!

Nupur said...

I LOVE your completed puzzle! Looks interesting and challenging. Congrats on finishing it! Will you start a new one now? :)

Banana bread looks good too. Yes, there are so many things going on in the world. Just taking it one day at a time and trying to stay sane.

BDSN said...

Hi Nupur , Thanks for stopping by ! I don’t think I am going to start another puzzle soon. I have an interesting tomato 🍅 project that I am thinking of for the next month , also wanted to finish up my kindle book that I started few days ago

BDSN said...

@ Mommy : Thanks for your kind words and stopping by! 😊

Tanza Erlambang said...

glad that you have a new post....
the cake must be delicious, because there is banana taste... love it.

Have a wonderful day.

BDSN said...

Thanks Tanza!
Yeah the bread did turn out pretty good !